The top 10 most important events in Shenzhen for the year 2017, jointly selected by Shenzhen Press Group and Shenzhen Media Group, have been unveiled.
The list of events is as follows:
1. The city set the goal to take the lead in establishing a pioneering area of socialist modernization and creating a “Shenzhen benchmark” that fully demonstrates the great power of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era. A major campaign was launched in Shenzhen on the study and implementation of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and the spirit of the 19th CPC National Congress.
2. Shenzhen vowed that its reform and opening up will never stop and it has made breakthroughs in key areas and pivotal links. With the introduction of dozens of new policies on business environment and cutting down on the cost of real economy, the city canceled and delegated administrative approval power for 175 items, provided financial assistance to enterprises having difficulties and reduced the operating costs of enterprises by 136.9 billion yuan (US$21.64 billion). The number of business entities increased to more than 3 million, 1.77 million of which were enterprises, and both figures ranked first among cities in the country.
3. Shenzhen spared no effort in building a “city of innovation” with global competitiveness. The number of national-level high-tech companies in the city surpassed 10,000. Three more Nobel laureates set up research institutes in Shenzhen last year, bringing the total number of labs named after Nobel laureates to five. The city’s GDP last year is expected to have surpassed 2.2 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 8.8 percent.
4. Seizing opportunities for the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, the city took advantage of the two major platforms — the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Services Cooperation Zone and the Lok Ma Chau loop area — to push forward with the construction of the Shenzhen-Hong Kong scientific innovation special cooperation area and the establishment of the Shenzhen-Hong Kong design and creative industry park, the Shenzhen-Hong Kong collaborative innovation center and the Shenzhen-Hong Kong international center, among others, thereby further promoting the Shenzhen-Hong Kong cooperation.
5. Regulations on talent work were officially implemented and the strategy of a talent-strong city entered the age of rule of law. Shenzhen Talent Park opened to the public. The city added 12 more full-time academicians and 66 talents under the “Thousand Talents Program,” and the total number of talents in various fields exceeded 5.1 million. The city was on a fast track to becoming a highland for innovative talents from around the world.
6. A river-chief rule was implemented in the city, with Wang Weizhong, Shenzhen’s Party chief, serving as the city’s general river chief, and Shenzhen Mayor Chen Rugui serving as the vice general river chief. Relevant departments in all districts and new areas took a tough stance on the treatment of river pollution, and water quality in 45 sections of 36 rivers was greatly improved.
7. The 19th International Botanical Congress was successfully held in Shenzhen. The city began to realize green development with its own features and became the world’s first city to electrify 100 percent of its public transit bus fleet. Shenzhen’s forest coverage rate exceeded 40 percent and the number of parks in the city reached more than 920.
8. Shenzhen won the title of “National Civilized City” for the fifth time, and three works were awarded by the national publicity authority, raising the city’s spiritual civilization undertaking to new levels.
9. The first batch of students at Shenzhen MSU-BIT University started their university life at its transitional campus in Longgang District last year. Shenzhen accelerated the pace of cooperation with well-known universities at home and abroad and the city’s higher education realized leapfrog development.
10. Shenzhen IPR Court and Financial Court opened Dec. 26. It sped up the construction of a demonstration city for the rule of law in China and went all out to establish Shenzhen as a benchmark for the implementation of the strategy of rule of law.
Copyright 2001-2013 Visitgd All Rights Reserved Mail:email@example.com 备案/许可证编号为：粤ICP备09138890