“I love only the lotus for its coming out of the dirty mud but unsoiled and washing in the clear and ripple water and keeping beautiful and not frivolous still.”
—“Ode to the Lotus Flower”, Zhou Dunyi, Northern Song Dynasty.
Lotuses are traditionally found in southern China, especially in Guangdong Province where you can enjoy hundreds of varieties of lotus flowers in most cities. June 22 marks the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, which marks the best season for appreciating lotus. So, with lotus flowers across Guangzhou in full bloom, now is the perfect time to bring your friends and cameras to find the following lotus ponds near you to enjoy your “lotus moment”.
1.Lotus pond in Nansha Wetland Park (南沙湿地公园)
Located between Shibachong and Shijiuchong of Wanqingsha Town, the southern-most tip of Guangzhou, Nansha Wetland Park is a great place to escape the bustling city and embrace true nature. The lotus pond in Nansha Wetland covers a total area of around 164 acres, which is a great place to feast your eyes on lotuses. There are about 100 varieties of lotuses in the park, including white lotus, yellow lotus, blue lotus, Jiangxi red lotus, five-colored lotus, and fragrant lotus.
1) Add.: No.1 Xingang Avenue, Wanqingsha Town, Nansha District, Guangzhou City
2) Self-driving route: South China Expressway – Nansha Port Expressway – Iron & Steel Base exit or Shiliuchong exit.
3) Metro: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 4 and get off at Jiaomen, then take Bus No. 2 (Nansha) and get off at Baiwan Kui Yuan (Sunflower Garden) Bus Terminal, then transfer to Bus No. 11 (Nansha) and get off at Nansha Wetland Park.
4) Or from Jiaomen Metro Station, take Bus No. 23 (Nansha) (Holidays Bus Special Line) to get directly to Nansha Wetland Park.
5) Admission: RMB 50 per ticket (gate ticket).
2. Lotus pond in Guangzhou Martyrs’ Park (烈士陵园)
Martyrs’ Park is the first park in downtown Guangzhou with vast pond for lotus planting which has a history of about 20 years. The area of its pond is also the biggest in downtown Guangzhou, which is more than 9,000 square meters. If you enter the park from its east gate, you will definitely be attracted by the large area of lotus at first sight.
1) Add.: No. 92 Zhongshan Er Road, Guangzhou
2) Opening Hours: 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
3) Metro: Exit C of Martyrs’ Park Station, Guangzhou Metro Line 1
4) Bus: No. 1, 22, 40, 76, 72, 102, 107, 108, 183, 211, 221, 222, 227, 243, 517, 546, 864
5) Admission: Free
3. Lotus pond in Liuhua Lake Park (流花湖公园)
In the lotus pond of Liuhua Lake Park, there are both enchanting lotuses and delicate water lilies. The view across the park is panoramic, with pavilions, zigzag bridges, rockeries, and boats reflected in flower-dotted waters, which is indeed relaxing and refreshing.
1) Add.: No. 100 Liuhua Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
2) Metro: Exit D1 of Yuexiu Park Station, Guangzhou Metro Line 2
3) Admission: Free
4. Lotus pond in Liwan Lake Park (荔湾湖公园)
Summer night in Liwan Lake Park is beyond compare: red ripe litchis on the tree, cockleboats sailing back and forth, moonlight over the lotus pond, and lotus flowers in full bloom. Here you can enjoy the most degage life of Lingnan.
1) Add.: Longjin West Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou
2) Metro: Exit B of Zhongshan Eighth Road Station, Guangzhou Metro Line 5
3) Admission: Free
5. Lotus pond in South China Botanical Garden (华南植物园)
There are several hundreds of varieties of lotuses, water lilies and aquatic flowers in the lake of South China Botanical Garden. In summer time, all the flowers blossom and add radiance and beauty to each other. The view is a feast for the eyes.
1) Add.: No. 1190 Tianyuan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
2) Metro & Bus: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 6 and get off at Changbang Station, then take Bus 534 and get off at the Botanical Garden Station.
3) Admission: 20 yuan per ticket.
6. Lotus pond in Dongshan Lake Park (东山湖公园)
Dongshan Lake Park is a lake theme park, with vast lake surface, zigzag bridge, rainbow-shaped bridge, arch bridge, and five-arch bridge, where visitors can row on the lake at will. Boundless lotus leaves, blooming lotus flowers, red peach blossoms and green willows, even rare twin lotus flowers on one stalk all can be found here in the lotus pond of Dongshan Lake Park.
1) Add.: No. 123 Donghu North Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou.
2) Bus: No. 44, 287, 542, 48, 811, 813, 864 and get off at Donghu Road Station.
3) Admission: Free
7. Lotus pond in Baomo Garden (宝墨园)
Baomo Gardencombines court culture of the Qing Dynasty, Lingnan ancient architectural art, Lingnan Garden, and water town features of Pearl River Delta into one.Wander around the garden and you will encounter different kinds of lotuses, such as Danxia, Luhuanong, sleeping beauty, Xiyingmen, Shouxingtao.
1) Add.: Zini Village, Shawan Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou
2) Bus: Take Bus No. 301 Express (Guangzhou Passenger Transport Terminal-Panyu Shiqiao Bus Terminal) (1 stop), get off at Shiqiao Bus Terminal, transfer to Shiqiao-Baomo Garden Bus (27 stops) and get off at Baomo Garden, then walk for about 250 meters to get to Baomo Garden.
3) Metro: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 3 and get off at Shiqiao, go out at Exit B, then transfer to Bus No. 67 (Panyu) at the bus stop near Exit B, and get off the bus at Baomo Garden.
4) Admission: RMB 50 per ticket.
8. Lotus pond in Lianhua (Lotus) Mountain (莲花山)
Lianhua Mountain,covering an area of 2.33 square kilometers and standing 108 meters above sea level, is situated by the shore of Lion Sea which is the estuary of Pearl River, and thus blessed with a superior location and easy transportation.While appreciating lotuses here, you can also encounter the biggest glittering statue of Buddhism Goddess Guanyin in Guangdong.
1) Add.: No. 28 Ximen Road, Shilou Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou
2) Bus: Take a bus at Guangzhou Dajitou, or Passenger Transport Station of Guangzhou, or Guangzhou Dongpu Bus Station, or any bus station near Guangzhou East Railway Station to get to Shiqiao in Panyu District, then transfer to “Shiqiao-Lianhua Mountain” Bus to get to Lianhua Mountain.
3) Metro: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 3 and get off at Shiqiao Station, or take Line 4 and get off at Shiqi Station, then transfer to “Shiqiao-Lianhua Mountain” Bus to get to Lianhua Mountain.
4) Admission: RMB 50 per ticket.
9. Lotus ponds in Lotus Water Village (莲花水乡)
Lotus Water Village, the previous Lotus Mountain Garden of World Famed Flowers, is at the back of Lotus Mountain and face the lion ocean in Panyu. Since its opening to the public, five different kinds of twin lotus flowers on one stalk have been found here. Inside the village, there are eight lotus ponds with more than 600 varieties of lotuses, among which the orange and pink Alocasia is the most outstanding.
1) Add.: Shilou Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou.
2) Self-driving: Jingzhu Expressway (Guang-Ao Section) – Asian Games Exit – 8.2 kilometers eastward to get to No. 80 Lianhua Road, Shilou Town (east side of Lianhua Mountain).
3) Metro: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 4 and get off at Shiqi Station, then take Panyu Bus 92 or 93 to get to the village.
4) Bus: Take Panyu Bus 92 or 93 at Panyu Shiqiao Bus Terminal to get to the village.
5) Admission: 30 yuan per ticket.
10. Lotus pond in Shawan Old Town (沙湾古镇)
Shawan Old Town, founded in the Song Dynasty, has a history of 800 years. The town boasts over 100 ancient shrines and is lined by beautiful, preserved ancient buildings. The lotus pond is located at the west gate of the town, near the entrance square. Last year, three lotus flowers on one stalk were found in this pond. Just a subway ride and bus hop away from the city, a visit to Shawan is an idyllic and culturally rewarding way to spend a day away from the city.
1) Add.: North Village, Shawan Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou
2) Metro & Bus: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 3 to Shiqiao Station, then take Bus 67 at Exit B.
3) Opening hours: 9:30-17:30
4) Admission: RMB 20 yuan per ticket
11. Lotus pond in Dafu Mountain Forest Park (大夫山森林公园)
Located in the outer reaches of Panyu, Dafu Mountain Forest Park is the largest green area within Guangzhou covering about 1,482 acres. The park is mostly covered in evergreens and cut through with streams and lakes. There are many ponds and lakes in the park, so there are many choices for you to appreciate lotus in just one park. Besides, Dafu Mountain Forest Park is the perfect place for cycling.
1) Add.: No. 688 Yushan West Road, Panyu District, Guangzhou
2) Metro & Bus: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 3 and get off at Shiqiao Station, Exit C. Walk five minutes to Baiyue Square Bus Stop and take Panyu Bus No. 9 or 16. Get off at Dafu Mountain Forest Park bus terminal.
3) Admission: Free
Copyright 2001-2013 Visitgd All Rights Reserved Mail:email@example.com 备案/许可证编号为：粤ICP备09138890